Saturday, June 7, 2008

Oh Galilee!!!

We returned from our 10 day trip to Galilee a few days ago. I posted a few pictures of the festivities plus one from the Dead Sea(which was the day after Galilee). Galilee was absolutly amazing. There is no better place in the world to study the New Testament and be where the Savior performed great miracles and taught his disciples. However, I've learned that it doesn't matter where in the world we are, we can feel this same spirit and gain a testimony that these events did happen. The exact place really isn't as important as the fact that we know they did occur and that our Savior lives.

I loved how the events came to life as I was able to put an image with the stories in the bible. One girl in my group said it best when she said, "the scriptures were in black and white before, but now I see them in color." It's amazing how if we prepare ourselves we are able to receive greater understanding.

Enjoy!


Mount of Beattitudes: This church was built where the Savior gave the Sermon on the Mount. It had a beautiful view of the Sea of Galilee and was so peaceful. As you can see it was also extremely hot!













Sea of Galilee: View from my bungalo at the Kubutz.











Sea of Galilee: St. Peter's Fish from the Sea of Galilee. Delicious.






Dead Sea: Anyone for a little Dead Sea mud bath? There was a nasty odor after, but it was worth the super nice skin!






Tiberas: This was taken on one of our trips over to Tiberas. It is mostly just a few streets of shopping, but we had fun listening to music, bartering, and eating ice cream.

5 comments:

ap said...

remember that place called america? are you ever going back there?

scout said...

Forget coming back to America. Remember how in the photo of you all playing in the mud, that I'm pretty sure Spencer is in the background attempting to completely cover himself. What a creep.

Nathan & Allison said...

Hey I saw the link to your blog on facebook... it looks like you are having an AMAZING time! I miss seeing your shining face everyday at work!

whitney said...

this is so fun! i miss you!

Rachel F. said...

hey so are you ever going to blog again??